Long Distance Auto Shipping Guide
When you are planning a far-away trip or a move of some sort, bringing your vehicle along is a prerequisite for comfort and convenience. You not only need it to get to your most imperative services and tasks, but it helps to get some exploring in when you arrive at your destination.
Long distance vehicle shipping is not just something you can do on a whim. You need some pre-planning to ensure that the process runs as smoothly as possible with your long distance auto movers. Consider some tips that can save you time, money and headaches in the long run:
- Ship your vehicle: That’s right; long distance auto transport can be the difference between a headache after a 20 hour drive or a flight to your destination, whereupon you can slide into the driver’s seat of your own vehicle and hit the road. This is the convenient way to travel and doesn’t overall cost as much as you might think, particularly with so many long distance auto transport options that are affordable for all budgets.
- Choose a mode of long distance auto transport to fit your needs: For instance, if you are on a tight budget, then tractor trailer transport can save you up to 60% on shipping, which makes this process easier on your wallet. By comparison, if you want top notch service for your vehicle, then you might go with a climate controlled, enclosed shipping option.
- Ask plenty of questions: If your car is going to be traveling over a long distance, then you need to know everything the transport company is planning, from the route being taken the way it is being transported and everything in between. Your car is one of your most expensive assets, so ask all of the questions that you need to in order to have peace of mind when you turn your vehicle over to the shipping company.
Choose Your Car Movers Wisely
There are a number of considerations to be had when choosing a company, to ensure that they are reputable. For instance, you need to make sure to take the following steps:
- Make sure to work with a long distance auto transport company located in the States: A company located overseas might have cheaper prices, but chances are they are not going to guarantee the same consumer protections that you enjoy with a domestic organization.
- Make sure the company is properly registered: If they are in the U.S., then the company should have a United States Department of Transportation registration. If they don’t, this can be a red flag that you should keep shopping.
- Ask about GPS tracking: If you are skittish about turning your vehicle over to the transport company, then you might ask if the company offers GPS tracking. This allows you to track your vehicle throughout the long distance auto transport order, so that you know where it is at all times. This may make you feel better after turning your vehicle over to the company.
Your privacy is important to us.